Sunday, October 6, 2019

My body amazes me

Within the last year I’ve lost around 50-60lbs and it’s been a huge transformation for me. It’s definitely been hard to adjust to being at a healthy weight, and all deal with the comments/ general attention that surround weight loss. Whenever I happen to mention that I’ve lost a lot of weight people are always so shocked, and in disbelief if I show them, or they happen to see an older picture of me. Which always surprises me. I lost my weight through keto, low calories and a lot of exercise. It took me about 7 months to reach my goal weight and I’ve maintained my weight very well ever since. I did relax my dieting and exercise for a bit once I hit my goal, but my weight never fluctuated much. It’s just kind of amazing how our bodies retrain themselves as we lose weight. As I think back, even though I was cheating myself on the dieting I want to have, I was never eating as much or in the same way I did before I lost the weight. I always used to believe one mistake or one cheat item or meal, would ruin my weight loss, and I’d be fat again. Now as I continue to actively choose a healthier lifestyle, it’s comforting to know that in the long run 1/2 days off the diet will not kill you. You just have to know what your priorities are, and what you want for yourself. I’m not encouraging cheating or saying you should, but for someone who struggled for a long time before it clicked, it’s comforting to have that reassurance. There are days where I still can’t believe that it’s me in the mirror, or that I can try on clothes in a dressing room and not burst into tears, and often need to go back out for a smaller size. I’m so happy and healthy now, and it’s the best feeling. If you’re struggling, I promise your day will come, and you can do this!

submitted by /u/behappieractive
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2VibHo9

No comments:

Post a Comment