Friday, October 18, 2019

Excited to be seeing loose skin

In 2018 I lost 50 lbs. I went from just into the obese bmi range to within the healthy range. I did not get any noticeable loose skin from this loss.

2019 has been a year of slight re-gains, followed by losses. I never did reach my goal weight, but I am once again serious about losing the last lbs to get to it. I currently have only 10 lbs to go.

According to My Fitness Pal, I am currently on a 34-day streak. I have been good about my food and portions. But I have been in a plateau for most of this streak. With only 10 lbs left to lose, I have been very frustrated by this.

However, I noticed yesterday that on my inner thighs, I have gotten some loose skin, which I didn't have a couple of weeks ago. This made me really excited, because even though my scale is currently telling me that I have gained 5 lbs (impossible), I can see real, undeniable results right before my eyes! I tried to tell someone close to me about this, but they didn't understand why I found loose skin on the inside of my thighs to be a good thing.

I apologize if this post seems insensitive to people that struggle with loose skin following weight loss. I do know that I am very lucky to not have much at this point. But having spent a full year 10-15 lbs away from my goal weight, I honestly am thrilled to be seeing the fat melting off of some of my few remaining "problem areas."

Thank you for reading. I needed to share my excitement with someone.

submitted by /u/ladybugsie
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2pAFw7i

No comments:

Post a Comment