Monday, October 7, 2019

How long does it take for weight gain/loss to show?

I've been on my weight loss journey for about 4 months now but there is still one thing in particular I'm unclear about. I know weight fluctuations can often be attributed to water weight (either loss or retention) but I'm wondering how long it takes for actual fat gain/loss to show.

From Friday to Saturday I lost about 2lbs - I drank on Friday so I attributed this mostly to dehydration. On Saturday I ate/drank more than I would have liked (about 1900 calories for the day) so I was expecting to gain some of that weight back but I actually woke up another .2lbs lighter. Sunday I ate around my calorie goal (ideally I strive for 1200 but I allow myself up to 1500 on any given day and finished Sunday at 1400 calories) but had more salt than usual so I was expecting to retain water. However, this morning I woke up having gained back the .2lbs from the day before but nothing more.

Essentially what I'm wondering is, will I wake up tomorrow or later this week having gained weight from eating as much as I did on Saturday or am I in the clear at this point (I took about 18,000 steps on Friday and Saturday so it's possible I burned more calories than I thought)? How long does it take for weight gain/loss to actually show?

submitted by /u/_nousernamesleft_
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/359DsUt

No comments:

Post a Comment