Tuesday, October 8, 2019

how to start over after a yoyo/how to come at weight loss from a positive headspace

I lost 12 lbs this year and since July, I have gained 10 back. I keep trying to get back into the weight loss mindset but I cannot do it! I don't know what my deal is. It's like every time I tell myself I am going to go back to eating 1400 cal/day (how I lost the weight) I freak out and overeat and/or do it for a day and quit. For reference, I'm female, 22, 5'6 and probably around 130 (Idk because I haven't weighed in weeks). I do orange theory 5X/week. I know I'm not overweight, but I don't have much muscle so I am at a 26% body fat which I would like to lower for health/vanity reasons. Needless to say, this gaining weight back has not been great for my self-esteem. I am disappointed in myself for backsliding and am having a hard time letting that go. I constantly think, oh now I weigh this much and I'm only gaining more and it's just going to get worse. I know I should just switch my mindset to, oh I've done this before I can do it again but for some reason I am having the hardest time making that connection!

Has anyone felt like this before? Any tips to develop grit and/or have a more positive mindset for weight loss? I think I come at it from a place of disliking how I look so that is why it is hard for me to stay motivated when I gain weight back. I really want to learn how to weigh daily and not be sad about the numbers because I want the data associated with them.

I also think I am overcomplicating things. When I first started losing weight, I just tracked calories and it seemed to go really well. Then I learned about macros and now everything seems 10X more difficult.

Any advice/personal stories would really be appreciated. I left this sub a couple weeks ago and it was a bad decision. I am so happy to be back with all you lovely people!

submitted by /u/tswizzle1322
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2VmkqFR

No comments:

Post a Comment