Friday, October 11, 2019

I don't know how to continue my weight loss journey

It's currently 12:45 am, but I care about myself too much to forget to ask.

I'm 15, and have been struggling with body image and weight problems for nearly ten years. That's how long I've been criticized for how large I am. I'm not morbidly obese, but I've gotten stuck in go karts and roller coasters. Anyways, not the point.

Recently, I've decided to try to improve myself, FOR myself. Since I was doing it for myself, I thought it would be easier. I managed to lose 14 pounds, about half of my goal for 2019, even while being in and out of the hospital. I was making good decisions on my own with what we had in the house. I walk 2.5 miles home from school everyday. I played tennis when I could. I was really proud of myself. Then, my family stopped helping me. I asked my family if they could bring me to the store to get some salad mix (which is pretty much all the healthy fruit/vegetables I can eat, since I have OAS and a latex allergy). My parents kept putting it off. I ate a waffle every day for breakfast, a salad and a protein bar for lunch, and whole grain pasta or chicken for dinner. My parents stopped buying all of it. Like I said, I'm 15. I can't drive, nor can I legally work, and therefore, I can't buy my own stuff. The stuff they bought was full of carbs, knowing full and well what I was trying to achieve. I don't understand why.

I went back up 4 lbs since it's more unhealthy to starve, which was the only other option I think there is. My dad pressured me into eating ice cream, even though I told him it would affect me negatively. When I went to the doctor on Wednesday, my mom told me to weigh myself beforehand, so I did. The number wasn't my best, but it was a lot farther from the worst. Then when I got weighed at the doctor, it was 6 pounds more than the scale at home. Now I didn't know which was right. I based my starting point off from the number I got on my first hospital visit. If the doctor's office scale was right, and so was the one at the hospital, that would mean I've lost 3 lbs, while I thought I lost 13. Worst part was, when I refused to tell my mom the number from the doctor's office, she called the doctor to get it herself. Maybe I should have just told her.

Sorry mods for really going off on a tangent. I felt like I needed to vent, to blow off steam. My question is:

How do I lose the weight with all of my restrictions? No fruits (besides citrus) or veggie trays, and my mom does not want to put me on pills or nutrient supplements, even if we had the money, which we do not.

I want to feel good about my body for the first time in 10 years.

Thanks for reading all of this. Hope someone can help.

submitted by /u/madelyn2184
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2q70KKy

No comments:

Post a Comment