Saturday, October 12, 2019

I dont like discussing my weight loss efforts but if asked I'm honest and people are upset about it.

I've always been on the smaller side but depression and a lifestyle change has lead to me gaining a significant amount of weight in a very short amount of time. Because I'm Muslim and generally wear loose clothes that cover the majority of my body it isn't as noticeable as it would be on other individuals. But just because others can't see how my body has changed doesn't mean it hasn't.

I've been making an effort to eat healthier and track my calories. Some of my coworkers have noticed that I started bringing my own food for lunch instead of eating take out. I'm not eating most of the desserts that are brought in everyday. Small things like that. When they asked me about I of course told them the truth. I've gained weight and I'm trying to lose it. Should be simple enough. But I get a lot of "you're already skinny" "at this rate you'll develop an eating disorder" etc. None of this is true. Even at my smallest I never went below my recommended weight. And some of them even make it a point to mention how they are heavier than me like I'm personally offending them by trying to lose weight. Which makes me incredibly uncomfortable because I dont like comparing my body to others. I didn't always have the best self esteem and it took me a long time to feel comfortable in my own skin. I'm not trying to go back to that.

The whole situation gets under my skin and I'm not sure how to navigate it.

submitted by /u/mypasswordisphil
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/35qvLJr

No comments:

Post a Comment