Wednesday, October 2, 2019

I have plateau'd and am banging my head against the wall as to why

I tried to post in r/fitness, but can't because the bot there deletes your post no matter what when you post this question.

First off, this sub (loseit) has been a huge inspiration for me. I've been watching posts on here for years as I slowly fell into worse and worse shape, but I was always able to cling to hope. I finally started really trying to take care of myself this year and since May have gone from 210+ lbs to ~174. I feel awesome and I was able to take vacuum-sealed clothes out of storage that I thought I'd never wear again and they fit better than before! That being said, my goal weight was to hit consistently under 170 (with consideration towards muscle mass and body fat). That is the weight that is healthiest for my body, according to my doctors. But my weight loss has STOPPED. Like hard. I am going insane.

I have been at roughly the same weight and BF for over 8 weeks. Done TDEE calculations up the wazzoo and while I don't use an app to track my food (my diet is seriously not complicated), I count in my head and know for a fact that I absolutely, consistently stay well below maintenance. Details - male, 6 foot, 3x workouts per week (MWF, Stronglifts 5x5, and I start with a ~1000m warm up on the row erg). On weekdays I'll usually have a small coffee in the morning (black), I drink a Huel with a protein shake mixed in (400+120 calories) at around 11 or 12, occasionally I'll snack on HEALTHY jerky (<1g sugar and 8% sodium per serving; it's like 45 cal per oz) or a protein bar if I get peckish before dinner (so about 0-250 calories). Depending on dinner, I'll supplement with additional protein (shake/bar) and on workout days, I always have a shake right after working out. Dinner isn't consistent, but I balance macros with an emphasis on clean protein, while keeping the calories under threshold. I've NEVER had a dinner exceed 1200 calories, the average is probably between 600-800. You can do the math if you want, but even if I pound 6 extra protein shakes in a day, I don't exceed ~2000 cal, which is around my cutting requirement. I rarely drink alcohol (maybe one drink a week) and I don't consume any kind of soda, diet or otherwise. There are no hidden calories in my diet that I'm not counting and, if anything, I have trouble getting enough calories rather than eating too many. This is the crux of my issue because the only advice I'm getting is basically that I'm wrong about either how many calories I'm eating or how many I need. I already feel like I'm on the verge of not eating enough and I'm working out pretty intensely for ~4.5 hr/week ... it just doesn't add up.

I should be consistently losing something, instead I have plateau'd at ~174 lbs and ~21% body fat (based on a scale). I've obviously seen muscle gains, but nothing that would explain a completely flat weight distribution across 8 weeks. There's just no way.

tldr; 6 foot male @ ~174 lbs working out 3x week and consistently, 100% certainly, in a cutting calorie range. Total weight plateau for over 8 weeks now. Help!

submitted by /u/tokoraki
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2ptsbxO

No comments:

Post a Comment