Wednesday, October 16, 2019

I'm not losing any weight and it doesn't seem like that should actually be possible, concerned this might be medical

Hi r/loseit, I'm a 26m at about 260lbs who as of that last 2 weeks has been trying to lose weight.

I've had experience losing weight in the past, I used to play rugby and lacrosse and always had to drop weight between rugby and lacrosse, then gain it back when going back to rugby. Because of this, I'm very familiar with nutrition and calorie counting, and understand how easily calories sneak up on you if you arent weighing and measuring.'

The last couple of years I stopped doing sports and stopped paying really any attention to what I was eating, and managed to get up to about 260lbs (usually I hovered around 200-220 while playing). I decided I needed to lose weight, and started a little daily schedule of habits to stick to lose the weight. I also went into it with 2 thoughts that always affected me when I'd lost weight in the past: 1. the first week I'll probably lose 5-8lbs of water weight, don't let it over excite me and 2. count and track absolutely everything.

So, I started 2 weeks ago following all of these habits to the tee ( I want to be clear, I have been meticulous, I have not cheated on any)

  1. eat between 1000-1500 Kcal a day
  2. sleep from 11pm-7am every day
  3. drink 1.5L of water a day

My meals are pre planned, I make and measure all of my lunches and dinners for the week on Sunday with nothing but meats and fruits/veggies, and eat them at noon and 7 pm, meaning I always am on a 16:8 intermittent fast.

The first day I lost a pound. Cool I thought, but I know fluctuations happen, it doesnt really count for much. I missed weighing the next day, but the following day I was down another 1.4lbs. Again, probably doesnt count for much, but a good trend to be on. The next day I weighed the same, then the day after I was up .2lbs, then the next day I weighed the same, then the next day I was up .4Lbs, and that has just continued until today. 2 weeks of eating WAY below my maintenance, sleeping well, and drinking plenty of water, and I have lost NO weight at all, in fact as of today I am UP .2lbs.

Normally I know how unpredictable weight loss can be and just focus on the long term, but this seems like a literally impossibly trend and it's extremely wearing on my will to keep going. There are a few days where I've even eaten under 1000Kcals just to see SOME drop on the scale, and literally every time I still gain weight. Does anyone have any idea what is going on? Thank you for the time to read.

submitted by /u/sarkinson
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2MLzFEh

No comments:

Post a Comment