Wednesday, October 16, 2019

[DISCUSSION] Tips for saving money during weightloss?

I started my longest streak so far of constantly losing weight since the beginning of this year. I had done it a few times before but this time I had been constant and seeing much better results. The not so fun part is that my pocket has taken a bit of a hit. Losing weight can get expensive, gym membership, eat higher quality food (lean meats, organic produce, vegan “meats” etc) supplements, sports gear, etc. I think we all can relate to some degree. What are some tips to save some money while trying to stay on a budget?

Some things I’ve found helpful are:

Mealprep – definitely the best money saver for me. I buy my proteins in big box stores (Costco, Sam’s, etc) and freeze the rest for later. Thinking about getting a cheap fridge just dedicated to mealprep.

Stop eating out, even “healthy” options – Used to hit a lot of chipotle, Panera bread, salad bars. Most of the nutrition info on these places is not as accurate and ingredients are never going to be as fresh as just bought. Home cooking is way cheaper and most of the recipes found on restaurants can be copycat and improved at home anyways.

Hunt for sales and freeze – Always keep an eye open for sales and pull the trigger on foods, especially if they can be frozen. For veggies and fruits, I try to

Thrift shopping – Gadgets and stuff that have helped me out on my weight loss journey are expensive as health and wellness is a multibillion-dollar industry. You can find those yoga mats, air fryers, slowcookers, nutribullets, and mealprep containers, are way cheaper than amazon and some times you can find unopened items if you hit these places.

Discount stores for activewear – Same thing, there’s no sense on paying 3-4 times the price of activewear that you are going to soak in sweat anyway (hopefully). Get those Nike shorts and Under Armour shirts at your local Ross / Marshall’s / TJ Maxx, etc. It goes without saying but you can also just get great quality activewear on Walmart if you aren’t too picky on the brand (which I am not)

This is what has helped me so far. What other tips you guys have?

submitted by /u/javiwankenobi
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2MnQfv7

No comments:

Post a Comment