Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Is this possible?

I was recently (3 months ago) prescribed medication for my ADHD (dexamphetamine) and one of the side effects for the medication is a loss of appetite. This was not good for me as I have always struggled with body image issues and had a slight obsession with my weight and appearance so I saw it as a gateway to losing weight. Over the first couple of weeks- a month I began to eat very small amounts of food each day which lead me to lose 10kg in the blink of an eye. Fast forward a couple of months and I still only eat one meal a day for dinner, this usually consists of around 500 calories of food. For example last night I had a chicken thigh, maybe two and a leafy salad, tonight I had a lamb wrap with some lettuce and Hommus. I don’t have anything else during the day, not a bite of an apple or a cracker, the only other calorie source I have is an occasional coffee with a dash of milk and this has been the same every day for the last 3 months (I have occasionally taken a couple of days off taking my medication and eaten normally though). My question is how is this possible, I have been reading through other reddit posts as well as other articles and everything I have read tells me that I should have lost all my hair and nails along with other body issues. I am a 18 year old male, am just over 6ft tall, have a large frame, broad shoulders etc and regularly exercise and go to the gym. I now weight 73kg and if you looked at me would think I ate the same as everyone else. All weight loss from my lack of eating has stopped and it has been that way for a while now. I struggle with eating more food as I worry about gaining fat, the few times I have attempted to eat more or eaten more for whatever reason I have noticed an immediate increase in my weight and difference in tone etc. Is it really possible that my body’s metabolism has dropped so low that it functions on such a tiny amount of food and if anyone could give me any insight on how I can increase my metabolism without putting on a large amount of weight it would be much appreciated. None of what I have said has been exaggerated or is untrue and thank anyone who can help me in my tricky situation.

Edit. Not sure if this belongs here but was the most appropriate sub reddit I could find.

submitted by /u/Noseym8
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2VTqF4g

No comments:

Post a Comment