Monday, October 21, 2019

Maintenance Monday: Regain Edition

This week's suggested thread, from u/rhinowithahat:

I don’t know if this is the place for it, but I’m nearing maintenance mode (this is the first, and hopefully last, time I’ve lost weight) and the people I’d most like to hear advice from are people who lost weight, gained it back, lost it again, and then maintained - what was different the second time around? What should first-time losers watch out for/be careful of?

For me, I haven't regained to my starting weight after hitting maintenance, though I've been a higher weight and had to eat at a deficit for stretches. Since weight fluctuates and maintenance isn't a straight line - just like weight loss - I'd question what 'gaining it back' is in the first place. What do we each mean when we talk about gaining weight back?

My short answer to what anyone entering maintenance should watch out for or be careful of is to keep on top of the habits that led to you losing weight in the first place! Keep counting calories, eating whole foods, walking 10k steps, exercising or playing sports, weighing yourself etc.


Anything else on your mind pertaining to maintenance? Is your diet going effortlessly, or have the last few weeks been more of a struggle? All questions, remarks and worries are welcome topics of conversation!

Previous Maintenance Monday threads can be found here.

submitted by /u/satisphoria
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2J95RAy

No comments:

Post a Comment