Sunday, October 20, 2019

Tired of putting in work and seeing no results, seeking advice

Long time lurker, first time poster, posting from mobile y'all know the drill. Tldr at the bottom.

My weight has fluctuated pretty severely throughout my life. I'm only 5'0" but I've never been really skinny or petite in the traditional sense - the skinniest I've ever been is probably 120 pounds and a size 5 (American) in my freshman year of high school and the largest I've been is 194 and a size 14 in my senior year of college. Am currently 22 and a size 12, weighing in at 172 most days (173 this past week bc I only went to the gym one time due to my frustration), and seemingly incapable of losing weight.

I've gone to the gym 3-4 times a week (doing mostly cardio but also some weight training on the various machines or using free weights), done CICO as well as intuitive eating and seen absolutely no results. I'm vegan, for ethical reasons, for like a year and a half now, and while my weight did go down initially upon going vegan (180 > 175), it seems like no amount of work can make it go lower than it is. I eat healthy about 60-80% of the time, and frankly I don't think I can make it any higher than that without compromising my mental health. When I have "treat meals" they usually consist of slightly more carbs or sugar (think, like, eating a beyond burger in a bun instead of a lettuce wrap, getting fries, or getting a smores Luna bar for dessert after an otherwise healthy lunch).

Where it gets really frustrating is that I know I'm fighting against my birth control, and have had 2 doctors confirm this but have opted to stay on it because it is the only method that works for my current lifestyle. I guess I'm just seeking advice specifically from other women that have lost weight while fighting against hormones and what you ended up doing that really made a difference (and no, going off of it is not an option currently).

It's just annoying bc I hear so many success stories of people that just started going on a walk twice a week and not eating McDonald's losing 40 pounds and I can do 3 times as much and see no results. Ultimately I will continue eating healthy and working out because I do feel better as a result, it's just tough not seeing the number on the scale change.

If you've read this far, thank you - any advice is appreciated, even if that advice is calling me out and telling me I'm going about this all wrong.

TL;DR - I don't see any results with 3-4 workouts a week and CICO or Intuitive Eating (have tried both), am fighting against birth control for weight loss. What do?

submitted by /u/bytesoflife
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/31yPeEO

No comments:

Post a Comment