Sunday, October 20, 2019

Weight loss after developing disordered eating

Hello! This will be long and rambling, so bear with me!

Has anyone here found a safe, healthy plan for gentle weight loss after dealing with an eating disorder? I have been a dieter for basically my entire life. Two years ago after having my third and final baby, I successfully lost about fifty pounds. But it caused me some serious mental difficulties. My anxiety exploded, directed at my body and at food. I was like, legit orthorexic, even while still a solid 60 lbs over my healthy weight. I obsessed about food 24 hours a day. I started bingeing and skipping meals. I hated it.

So six months ago, I stopped. I just couldn’t take it anymore. I started seeing a therapist, and got on anxiety medication. Now, I’ve regained about 40 pounds (I think the meds are speeding up the gaining) and I’m pretty unhappy with my body. I’ve been trying out intuitive eating, but can’t seem to get beyond “eat all the things”.

Has anyone managed this kind of unhealthy obsession and come to some peace with food? I would really appreciate any ideas or suggestions!

Thank you!

submitted by /u/Professor_Mommy
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/33O4qPW

No comments:

Post a Comment