Sunday, October 20, 2019

Need some advice on what to do now (M/5'9''/168 lbs/approx. 22% BF)

My weight loss journey started around March last year, when I weighed in at my heaviest (around 250 lbs/115 kgs). I decided enough was enough. I started counting calories, eating less often and tried to move around more. I lost about 20 lbs/10 kgs between March and November.

In November, I started learning more about low carb/ketogenic diets, and decided I wanted to try it out, because I wasn't wholly satisfied with the speed of my weight loss. Between November and July(ish), I lost 55 lbs/25 kgs more, and weighed in at 176 lbs/80 kgs.

I was delighted with my progress, but I had grown to resent food. It became unnatural, restrictive, social eating was almost completely out of the equation, plus I developed some negative behaviours (extreme carb counting, starvation behaviour, food obsession etc..) and being that I naturally love fruits and vegetables and other whole foods, I decided to switch back to a "normal" diet, no longer counting carbs, but generally just focusing on not over-eating, eating whole foods, and staying at a 500 kcal deficit for a continued weight loss (my goal weight is around 150-155 lbs).

Today, I weigh in at 168 lbs/76.5 kgs and my BMI is no longer overweight, which I am delighted with. My question though is what should I do now? I still have around 10-20 lbs more that I would like to lose ideally, and I would like to be around 15% BF.

Should I go back to a low-carb/ketogenic diet to just get it over with, or should I just add some more exercise to go along with my existing diet (I'm naturally quite a sedentary person, very little physical activity)?

Appreciate any advice you can give me. Cheers!

submitted by /u/reck0ner_
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/31yCA8C

No comments:

Post a Comment