Monday, October 7, 2019

[NSV] how about the pants

I posted this picture last week as part of 1 year difference. Today i want to tell you the history of the pants I'm wearing.

I normally wear overalls as my daily wear. I know it's not a popular fashion choice but I don't care. I usually have a couple pairs of regular pants to wear and of course a suit for wedding and funerals. But any other time I'm wearing overalls.

About 9.5 years ago I was looking around on Facebook at a post made by somebody I knew in high school. There was a reply to the post by a woman I had a crush on in high school, so I sent her a friend request. She accepted the request and we started chatting and eventually made arrangements to get together when I got back to town. So I had a date with my high school crush. The problem was my overalls. I had been gaining weight and the only thing I had at the time was overalls to wear. I didn't want to wear overalls on my first date, so I found a Wal-Mart some where that I could get into with my big truck and went pants shopping. Of course the problem was the size of pants I needed, Wal-Mart doesn't stock clothes for fat men like me. But I did find the pants in the picture. They were the biggest size they had in stock and I could get into them. They were real tight on me but I could wear them if I had too. So I bought them and made several more stops at stores looking for something better but no luck. So those are the pants I wore on my first date with my wife. The first date went very well and we made arrangements to go out the next night. But the next day at lunch I was with one of my brothers and his wife headed to go eat somewhere. I told them about my date and my sister in law wanted to meet her. So on a whim I called her and asked if she wanted to get a quick lunch with us. She said yes and I went by to pick her up. I was wearing overalls at the time. It turns out she loves the co7 entry look of men in overalls. She thinks they look cute. So I went back to wearing overalls and these pants got hung up in the closet. Where they stayed for 9.5 years. And I continued to gain weight.

So now for the present. I waa 80 pounds into my weight loss journey and all my clothes were baggy and I look like a bum. But I generally don't care. Baggy clothes are comfortable. And since I want to lose another 80 pounds or more, and I'm a cheap bastard, I don't want to buy new clothes, that will soon become baggy too. But I had the family reunion coming up and I didn't want to look like a bum. I was going to look for a new pair of overalls, when I thought about these pants in the back of my closet. I pulled them on and I could wear them. Not only could I get into them, but they weren't too tight. I fact they were slightly too big. I had to search around to find my belt. And with the belt holding them up I had pants to wear to the family reunion.

submitted by /u/otr_trucker
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Irl1kc

No comments:

Post a Comment