Thursday, October 3, 2019

[NSV] Spent 2 weeks gorging myself in Japan and didn't gain a damn pound.

I'm so excited. I've been an on-and-off calorie counter since 2011, and for the past few months I have been working on my intuitive eating skills paired with IF to give myself a much needed break from calorie counting. I'm at a healthy weight right now, so fast weight loss isn't high on my list of priorities. I basically just want to work on building those sustainable habits to keep me going without relying on MFP to do the work for me.

So yeah, all of my healthy eating and IF routine went out the window in Japan.

Every morning, we'd have a combini feast of pastries, onigiri, yogurt, ice cream, piece of fruit. Pure carbs and sugar.

For lunch we'd have another fairly hefty meal of conveyor belt sushi, a big bowl of udon or ramen, gyudon or okonomiyaki.

And for dinner we'd usually hit up an izakaya (pub) and get lots of little plates of karaage (fried chicken), yakitori, edamame, rice, and all sorts of fried delights like mochi balls filled with cheese. And booze. Lots of booze.

Basically - 3 massive meals a day of mostly carbs, sugar and fat and deep-fried nonsense. Was it healthy? Heeeeell no. Was it worth it? Heeeell yes.

So to say I was a little surprised when I stepped on the scale after the trip would be an understatement. We did a heck of a lot of walking (around 15-25k steps a day) but I was still amazed to see the number.

It just goes to show that being active plays such a big part in the 'CO' part of CICO. Being on our feet for 8-9 hours a day somehow managed to cancel out our daily decadent feasts. Now I'm back to my desk job and lamenting the fact that I have to return to my usual smaller meals of healthy choices. But hey, it was a fun trip that we enjoyed to the fullest.

submitted by /u/toxik0n
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2M9oC7I

No comments:

Post a Comment