Friday, October 18, 2019

Rant about other people commenting on my weight loss..

Let me start out by saying I am F26, 5 2", and currently 130 pounds. At my highest not during either of my pregnancies I was 160 or so. So I lost about 30 pounds, starting since March.

I always carried my weight well, but was clearly overweight, and had a double chin. Actually, I still have one! So, I am so confused about people telling me just how bad I look. I think I look great, better than before, I managed my food addiction somewhat, yet, the only person proud of me is my mom and a few random people who knew me when I was heavier.

Nobody else likes the way I look, and its really starting to get to me. My husbands family is the worst. I get told I looked better before, now that I am too skinny, that I look like an old lady, when I feel that I look younger. I get told that I look like I don't eat. I assumed they were just jealous. Even my daughters teacher, who has never been rude to me told me I need to stop losing weight and that I am getting too skinny. That kind of hurt.

But today, was the last straw. I went to the store and saw a dad from the school. We exchanged hellos and blah blah blah. He said "man, you lost a lot of weight". I proudly told him "yes, I did!". He asked me what was wrong and internally I felt my blood boiling. I knew I was about to be criticized. I was not just criticized, but insulted this time. He actually told me that I look sick. And the usual, that I looked better before. I am so sick of hearing that. It makes me want to just eat everything in sight and gain all my weight back. I can't feel that his comment is based on jealousy, he is a older, married guy, who is not that overweight at all, so what gives? I guess I just look sick in his eyes. Are my eyes decieving me and its just in my head that I look better?

How can I look too skinny, if I still have a muffin top and double chin? I still have my big butt and thighs, which I don't mind keeping. My face is thinner, yes, but my double chin is a huge insecurity of mine and trust me, its still there.

Does anybody else here face this criticism and is just confused? Why would my mom lie to me? Or is the rest of the world just crazy?

submitted by /u/SpiderBroFan
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2VRTgqA

No comments:

Post a Comment