Sunday, October 13, 2019

This is for all the loseit ladies over 50: Its never too late. You can do it!

I know that losing weight is incredibly difficult, no matter the age or gender. Absolutely. But for women over the age of 50, the process is compounded by the dreaded "change of life." Hormonal shifts tend to impact fat storage and how we lose weight.

I let the middle-aged weight sneak up on me. I told myself I would start tomorrow, then tomorrow, then tomorrow. A couple of years of tomorrows and I ended up the largest I have ever been: 226 pounds. My final “tomorrow” was March 16, 2015.

I restarted Weight Watchers, although I didn’t formally join the program again. I tracked my points in my head. I weighed and measured everything. Over the course of three years, it stopped being a program and became my way of life. I am actually a healthy eater because I want to be, not because I am following the rules.

I lost 108 pounds over the course of three years. I am 56 years old.

In the following before and after photo, I was about 20 pounds lighter than my highest weight:

Before and After Pic

I still count my points, weigh and measure my food, and regularly weigh myself to make sure I am not straying off course. I start working out with a personal trainer in two weeks. Gonna build that muscle!

There are lots of tips, but they are pretty universal and have been shared here before. If there is one thing that I would reinforce, it would be that it became easier for me when I got rid of the preconceived "weight loss rules." It is non-linear because life is non-linear. Get rid of the notion of beginning and end. Ditch the timetable. You begin and you continue. When I accepted that, it became easier. It may have taken me three years to get to where I wanted to be, but it gave me the confidence that I can continue and maintain.

My life has transformed in the most amazing ways. I am a completely different person than I was — inside and out. Weight loss isn’t a panacea for all of life’s woe’s. It takes work both inside and out. Weight loss gave me the the confidence, however, to tackle my other issues. I still struggle and I know it is a journey that will last till the end of my days, but it is a journey I am willing to take. I will always be a work in progress and I am ok with that.

So to anyone, no matter your age or gender, you can loseit! It’s never too late to transform your life. I have been so inspired by the winners of loseit and hope I can lend some encouragement to those whose journey parallels mine.

submitted by /u/abhikaha
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2INX1rU

No comments:

Post a Comment