Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Very confused after my weight loss/gain results!

So in a nutshell, 3 weeks ago, I started a PSMF (protein sparing modified fast) which is basically a low fat, low calorie version of keto according to Lyle McDonald. It's used by many people to get rid of stubborn pounds, especially before special events and is known for its high rate of success. Well, I tried it. Stayed no higher than 20 grams of fat and net carbs while eating 140 grams of protein per day. My protein was mainly chicken breasts, lowfat cottage cheese, white fish, unsweetened almond milk, etc. I ate a ton of nonstarchy very low net carb vegetables. Spinach, riced cauliflower, bok choy, radishes, asparagus, etc. I weighed my foods (unless they came pre-packaged in which I scanned them). I also ate lots of shirataki noodles. Lastly, I lifted weights and sprinted every 3 days and took a one hour walk every single day.

By the 14th day (second week), I had gained 7 pounds and literally looked swollen. My stomach, thighs, and face (moonface). I could not fit into my pants anymore. I was baffled. In fact, I was so stressed and depressed that I spent the next 7 days binging on gallon tubs of ice cream (4 gallon tubs total), multiple bars of chocolate (at LEAST 5 per day), sugary lattes from Starbucks, chocolate milk, hot cocoa, and fruit candy. Yes, I love sweets. Anyways, I was disgusted in myself. And I used over 100 dollars on binge food alone. Nevertheless, I had the guts to try on my clothes again then weigh myself.

I was SHOCKED!! My stomach was flat as a pancake (5 inches gone), my pants were no longer tight, my face actually looked lean. And I was down 10 pounds! I even got compliments that day from multiple people I knew, "hey, are you losing weight? You look great! What have you been eating?" I went silent for a moment, hesitant to answer their question while instead just thanking them.

TL;DR I spent two weeks religiously following a protein sparing modified fast (less than 900 calories a day) and exercise for 2 weeks straight with a 7 pound weight gain, several inches up, and a swollen face, waist, and thighs. I then spent one week straight afterwards constantly binging on gallon tubs of ice cream, candy bars, hot cocoa, chocolate milk, and fruit candy while doing nothing but watching netflix.

submitted by /u/Breaking-Chains
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2pkOy8p

No comments:

Post a Comment