Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Weight loss or psych meds? Do I have to choose?

Hi all,

I’ll cut right to the chase: I, like many of us, have struggled with bouts of anxiety for my entire life. I have been on and off meds, but have never found one I LOVED. Therapy (CBT, etc.) has helped to the extent that it can, but my anxiety presents primarily physiologically and I experience mainly physical symptoms that are best controlled with meds.

My anxiety specifically has been getting out of control for a while now, and I’m thinking I would finally be open to trying again to find a med that could control it. However, I’m very concerned about the weight gain and increased appetite that I have previously experienced on anti-anxiety meds, and I know that it’s not uncommon.

My question, I suppose, is whether any of you lovely medicated or previously-medicated folks have had this issue and managed to overcome it somehow, or if there are meds that have this issue less prevalently? I know my mental health is important but it would really really suck to see all my hard work so far go down the drain.

Thanks!

submitted by /u/doesntmatterhadtacos
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2oKev1o

No comments:

Post a Comment