Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Can I Cycle My Way To Fitness?

I've gone through a few changes in my life over the past few years. Several years ago, I decided to lose some weight and get fit, and I was successful! My weight loss method was counting calories. I was super disciplined and ate pretty much only health brand microwave dinners because I could count the exact calorie content easily. I kept my calorie intake around 1500-1200 and dropped 50lbs. I even started lifting weights for the first time ever, and to my surprise, I even enjoyed it.

Newfound fitness and good looks brought about the next big change in my life. I started dating the girl who would eventually become my wife. Turns out, comfort and happiness can lead to weight gain. Over the course of a couple years, those 50lbs crept back and I found myself a little discouraged with my own self image.

I tried to fall back on my previous experience, but since I'm no longer a bachelor, eating microwave dinners, counting calories, and going to the gym after work just doesn't fit my lifestyle anymore.

My wife got a Peloton bike to lose her pregnancy weight, and I've figured out I can fit in a ride in the morning, before my family duties come calling. My wife cooks pretty healthy dinners, and I'm also trying my best to eat a healthy breakfast and lunch during the day, though I'm sure I'm nowhere near my previous 1500-1200 calorie counts.

At this point, I've been exercising in the morning for three weeks. I've seen the numbers on the bike (distance, difficulty, etc) slowly creep up some, but I decided to weigh myself this morning ... and no change.

It's a little discouraging. I don't have anything to show myself that it's working. Before, I knew, if I ate 1200 calories a day, then I would lose weight; but now, I'm just excising, trying to eat better, and hoping.

I've never lost weight this way, and I'm not sure it's the right way. I'm looking for any advice out there.

Thanks.

submitted by /u/throwaway_5107
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/35xXo3z

No comments:

Post a Comment