Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Lead by Example

This is my second time losing weight. The first time around I lost a little over 50lbs. This time around I'll need to lose at least 65lbs, which does not include the 20lbs already lost. I know why I gained the weight and since I don't plan to be pregnant again I doubt I'll gain it back.

Anycase, my family and friends saw my weight loss the first time and they're seeing it the second time. Namely, they're seeing I'm losing weight while still going out, eating anything I want (in moderation), not working out (have a knee injury and waiting on surgery), and have a nonfunctioning thyroid. My husband put on some sympathy weight during my pregnancy though still in the normal BMI range. Usually, when he wants to cut weight he does it incredibly unhealthily. He'll not eat for days, binge on candy when he does, and be super grumpy the whole time. This time he is counting calories. He is in a better mood and having fun figuring out how to still fit in a hard seltzer.

My mother is also starting to realize. She has cut back on her nut consumption so her weight is stabilizing. It is hard to know this not-secret-works-perfectly method of losing weight and keeping it to ourselves when others could benefit, but you can't force people to accept it. Living a good life and by example is the best way to go forward.

submitted by /u/Garden_of_Life
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2ISkOqi

No comments:

Post a Comment