Monday, June 1, 2020

16 year old male with questions about weight loss

Since the end of April I've started exercising more and since two weeks ago I've started logging my food. I've figured out my TDEE and even have macro goals I try to hit. Right now I'm doing 120g protein, 65g fat, and 210g carbs. I'm a 200lb 5'5" 16 year old male. I think I have a healthy approach to losing weight with huge thanks to this subreddit. Still, I have a few questions.

1) Logging Food. Most of my meals I cook and therefore it makes it pretty easy to log. However I don't have control over dinner some days and on those days what I log is a wild guess for the most part. For example, today I had a garbanzo beans and spinach stew with white rice and salad. My way of logging this is roughly overestimating the amount of white rice and garbanzo beans I ate and don't bother logging the spinach part or salad because they are relatively low calorie. Then I log 15 ml of olive oil because I don't really know how much was used in the cooking. Would this be a good way of trying to estimate my calories from that meal?

2) Kind of based off the last question, according to what I logged I went way over on proteins and carbs and didnt get nearly enough fat. I'm 550 kcals under my deficit goal. So my question is this: Should I eat some healthy fats and get closer to my calorie goal or not eat anything at all for today as to not risk it because I don't really know how many kcals were in my dinner. The more general question is if I should try to reach my calorie/macro goals on days where I "guess" the kcals I ate during dinner.

3) When do clothes start fitting better? One of my main reasons I'm doing this is because I want to be more comfortable in clothes and my own skin before school starts up for me in August. I still plan on continuing logging calories until I reach my goal weight of 140lbs, but I'm just curious if I can expect to drop clothes sizes by the middle of August.

4) It's kind of weird that I've lost 6lbs already but I've been feeling full? It's hard to explain, but sometimes I feel almost "guilty" when I feel full even though I'm perfectly within my calorie goals. I've definitely changed in the fact that I don't binge cereal at night anymore and exercise regularly but idk I'm still shook about that.

5) Dinner for me is usually the heaviest meal of the day for me, in terms of calories. Is that necessarily a bad thing/detrimental to my goals?

6) How much should I worry about gallbladder stones, losing muscle, and excess skin? I've really psyched myself out reading about those online and just wanna hear what other people think about that. To my knowledge, I should minimize the risk for those three things if lose weight for a max of 2lb/week. I also want to start strength training too to be fitter and offset the chance of those three things.

Sorry for the huge amount of text! Thanks if you read all of this :))

submitted by /u/EveryRepublic
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2U1BpO5

No comments:

Post a Comment