Friday, June 12, 2020

23/F/4'10" - Haven't lost a pound since March. Advice?

Hey everyone! I'm a 23F who is extremely short (4'10") but weighs in at 140 pounds. I was about 115-120 lbs almost my entire life and have been going to the gym pretty regularly since high school. I actually love working out and regularly jump rope and run as an anxiety reliever. I am decently muscular as well as I fell in love with lifting after it helped fix my winged shoulder blades.

I never had a huge issue with weight. I ate generally healthy meals as they make me feel good, but didn't really pay attention to calories. I just ate until I was full. Suddenly, last year, between January 2019 and August 2019, my weight shot up from 120 to 150lbs. I went from a healthy to obese BMI despite working out a few days a week and working a job that had me walking 15,000 steps a day. I was noticing my weight gain this entire time and upped my cardio even more. But the weight kept piling on.

I was not counting my calories during this time, but my eating habits had not changed at all. The only difference is that I started an ADHD medication. According to my doctor, this usually does not cause weight gain - the opposite, actually. I had my thyroid checked twice and nothing was wrong. This surprised me considering the amount I gained and my mom has hypothyroidism.

My goal weight, that I started working at in August 2019, was to reach 115 lbs. However, since August 2019, I have only lost 10 pounds (down from 150). And have not lost any weight at all since early March 2020. Not a single pound. This is extremely discouraging because weight loss was already taking forever, but now it seems to not be working at all.

Current plan:

Diet: 1300 calories a day max. I usually end up around 1100-1200 but I always keep it under 1300. I allow myself one cheat day on the weekend where I can eat up to 1600. Cut out fried foods, alcohol, limited high calorie carbs like bread/pasta/white rice, and try to get at least 50 grams of protein a day (hard to do eating so little). I do not eat back my exercise calories. I weigh and measure my food, and always round up so it's likely I may be eating less.

Exercise: 6 days a week I do 30 minutes of cardio right when I wake up to try to get into a calorie deficit. I always go for either jump rope, elliptical, or the treadmill. According to the machines and my calorie tracker, I burn between 350-400 calories depending on how hard I go. I do lower body strength workouts (weighted squats, lunges, leg press, etc.) twice a week for about 20-30 minutes, and also do twice a week of upper body strength. I usually only burn about 150 calories from strength.

Despite doing these things meticulously, I haven't lost since March. I don't know what to do. My best friend eats more than me and works out less and is shredding off the pounds - and she is only 5'3"!

Please don't think I'm a dumbass or I'm not actually being careful with tracking. I know this doesn't make sense scientifically. I have done everything I can. That's why I'm reaching out for advice.

This week I started eating 1,000 calories to see if that will change anything. I know this is too low according to what I've read, but I am not hungry or feeling weak as of yet. In fact, I never feel hungry, which is weird?

Is it possible that I need less than 1200 since I'm so short? Is that safe? Has anyone else struggled with this?

Please be nice, I just want to see if anyone has advice...

submitted by /u/777sadurn777
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3cWXzrx

No comments:

Post a Comment