Friday, June 12, 2020

How I lost 50 pounds!

Finally hit my first big goal at this morning’s weigh in. I honestly can’t believe I did it. I just feel so amazing and grateful for this journey. I wanted to share a little bit of my experience in the hopes it can help or inspire someone. Thanks for reading!

Some background info- F/24/5’6” SW:236 CW:186 lost the weight in about 11 months. Hoping to ultimately get to 150 or 160

I started out not really committed to losing weight, just wanted to be a little healthier. First thing I did was cutting out soda which was probably the hardest change for me. I was drinking several cans a day, slowly cut down to one a day, a few a week and then none. I also started walking about a mile a day 5 times a week.

At that point I was feeling good and decided to give weight loss a real try. Like most of you I had tried dieting many many times before, which always failed or I’d lose a bit then regain it. Instead of the usual try to completely change over night, I decided to make small changes one at a time. Once I felt comfortable with my new habit I would add something else in. This really made it feel like a lifestyle change and not a temporary diet like before. I did intermittent fasting, cut down on sweets, limited eating out, tracked my calories and added in home workouts. If I had tried to do all this at once I truly believe I would have given up and failed.

Please don’t be discouraged by how far you have to go, or how long it takes to get there. Just take things one step at a time and you will be there eventually! Happy losing everyone ❤️

submitted by /u/lynzanatomy
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/30INr2W

No comments:

Post a Comment