Sunday, June 7, 2020

A surprise 6 pounds loss ends a nine month plateau

This probably isn't a big deal weight loss story, but I'm still excited for any sign of progress. I'm 35, 5'6", and currently 177 lbs.

I moved across the country at 28, and on packed the pounds. I steadily gained all the way up to 220 pounds last year at 34 years old. I had a wedding coming up and managed to get down to 185 with regular exercise: elliptical, weights, and some cycling. I plateaued for nine months.

Yesterday I stepped on a scale for the first time in weeks: 177.8 pounds. I'm gobsmacked. My goal right now is 170.

I've done few good workouts in the last two weeks, after weeks of being sedentary- my job is an active one, so being home has really affected my activity level- but I think what finally helped was no more menu planning. Somehow, when I make a menu, I'm thinking full meals, leftovers, and dishes my husband is sure to like. But if I go into a grocery store with a vague idea of a dish or two I used to enjoy, I find that I buy fresh produce. Whatever looks ripest and freshest goes in my cart. So the last three or four weeks there has been so much more fruit, less bread, and no cookies. Fortunately, hubs is on board and not a picky eater!

The surprise weight loss has been inspiring. I want to keep going. I'm trying to do a home Barre workout at least 4 days a week, and I cook something fresh for dinner almost every night. I hope I'll be able to post again in the future to say I've hit my goal!

submitted by /u/toebeansandrice
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/30ipNKx

No comments:

Post a Comment