Monday, June 8, 2020

I’ve decided to change my lifestyles for the better

Hi! This is my first time actively stepping forward and involving myself in Reddit so this is a bit of a step outside the comfort zone for me. With everything going on with quarantine and stuff I’ve come to terms with my weight and decided to begin my weight loss journey for good this time.

I’m a 5’3 female weighing around 172 lbs, so for my young age I’m very much overweight. I’ve gone through a personal trainer before and lost around 15 lbs but as I moved to another state, the big changes and everything took a toll on my mental and physical health, leading me to gain all that weight back. In the spot I’m in at the moment it made me realize just how unhappy I truly am with this weight, as not only does it drastically harm me mentally but it also exposes me to much greater health risks if I don’t already have some kind of illness.

What I mean to say is: It was a horrible mistake for me to let myself go so bad and I want nothing more than to go back to that healthy lifestyle to lose the weight. But as someone that isn’t very good at keeping things in track on her own I decided to turn to this subreddit, to remind myself that I’m not alone in this journey. My long term goal would be at least 155 lbs at whatever time it takes, and my more realistic goal at the moment would be to lose the weight I’ve gained as a result of the faulty year without exercise or diet awareness, meaning around 160 or so.

As I don’t have much access to gym equipment, I’ve turned to 30 minute workout videos on YouTube. With said videos I worked out 3 days a week the past two weeks, which hopefully is a good start. I’ve downloaded the MyFitnessPal app to track my calorie intake and I’ve turned to drinking a cup of green smoothie every morning as well as around 6 or so bottles worth of water. The only thing I mostly need help with is properly balancing my meals as well as what to eat in every meal and what to avoid.

I’ve never been so serious about something before and the journey seems long and arduous, but it’s something I very much strive to work on. With all the success stories I’ve read in this subreddit, it only fuels my motivation and I’m grateful. I hope to continue turning to this place for my weight loss.

submitted by /u/Snoo-32231
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2YfZz8Q

No comments:

Post a Comment