Sunday, June 14, 2020

A Whole Year!!

At the end of last June I started my weight loss journey for the hundredth time at 24 years old, 5’6”, and 220 pounds. Nearly a year later and I came in today at 139 pounds; over one-third of me gone.

some graphs and progress pics

5k progress

After a month of acclimating to the diet change, I started walking/running at the beginning of August, a lot. I was doing low-carb, staying under 50 grams. I was doing strictly cardio and not eating enough protein, but I did this for 6 months and lost a ton of body fat.

At the beginning of 2020, I got busy with school and stopped working out as much, just focusing on diet. My weight plateaued a bit, which was fine. I had been losing rapidly. When things shut down for quarantine, I kicked things into gear, cleaned my diet up, started tracking my macros strictly, and increased my strength training a lot. I eat my body weight in grams of protein everyday, I do not want to lose any more muscle. I transitioned from low-carb VERY SLOWLY over 5 months and eat about 150grams of carbs per day. I do a lower-fat diet and try to focus on only healthy food fats. I definitely eat “clean” 80% of the time.

Tip: I was very scared about losing muscle; for awhile, it seemed like I was losing a ton. I did some research and found that studies say around 25-27% of weight loss will be muscle. I’m sitting at around 20% (if my math is right), so I feel better about that.

Tip: that RENPHO scale was the key for me. I looked into it, and apparently, even if the initial number isn’t accurate, the progress will be accurately tracked over time. So those graphs I feel are an accurate representation. But! I definitely want to get a body composition test soon for sure.

Anyways. Super excited for the next year and to see how I continue to tone up. Please let me know if you have any advice for doing that!

submitted by /u/liv622
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2ArjVo0

No comments:

Post a Comment