Monday, June 15, 2020

How can I kickstart long-term weight loss?

General context, I am 20 years old and female. I’m around 5 7’ and I weigh currently 170 lbs exactly. It’s been fluctuating with what I assume is just water and access weight by about 5 lbs. otherwise the number hasn’t changed at all, and it’s been 2 months. I workout 3 times a week, and I’ve upped my workout time to about 35 minutes to an hour, depending on the day and how I’m feeling or how much time I have. I usually do video workouts, and I stretch before and after and I also do some yoga each week that I don’t count as exercise per say. I’ve been using resistance bands and weights for a few weeks as the normal YouTube workouts have been getting too easy. I eat healthily, and I splurge once or twice a week but I keep my calories around 1,500 per day, and I’ve been counting my calories per week since some days I’m not as hungry or hungrier (like when I’m on my period, for example) I shoot for around 9,800 - 10,000 calories a week. I try very hard for healthy options, eating lots of fruit and veggies and I don’t eat a lot of meat so I’ve been eating protein bars and replacing most meat with plant based proteins, like beans or tofu. My diet isn’t always perfect but I try to keep my calories at my goal. I don’t have an active job or do any additional exercise. It’s been frustrating. My jeans are too big in the waist now (although the thighs are still fitting the same as well as my calves.) so I’m wondering if possibly I’ve just gained some muscle in place of fat? That could explain the number being strictly 170lbs no matter how hard I try, and it’s only been 2 months. But I have some progress pictures and I’m seeing very subtle differences. I don’t look any slimmer, but working out has toned my body up a bit. I’m wondering if I need to eat less/more, workout more etc. any advice is appreciated. It’s become a habit now to be healthier with my meals and I enjoy working out for the mental benefits, so I’ve been sort of teaching myself to do it without thinking about my weight and being skinnier. Now that’s it’s habitual I want to start working super hard, and try and loose even more weight so that once I reach my goal weight I can go back to a less strict plan.

submitted by /u/-Akw1224-
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3e16Lws

No comments:

Post a Comment