Tuesday, June 2, 2020

Afraid of Being Skinny Fat

I really hope this post does not come across as being body shaming; I am only talking about my body and my goals regarding it, not how other people should look.

Well, basically I've been steadily losing weight since the beginning of this year. I started off at 155 in January, and I've lost 10 pounds so far. I used to play a lot of sports, and even years after quitting I still had a lot of muscle and a pretty muscular build. I did experience some muscle atrophy due to not using a lot of my muscles anymore, but I had pretty toned thighs, arms, butt, and shoulders. However, I have an apple shaped body and gained a lot of fat around my stomach after quitting sports. So I decided I wanted to lose weight to get rid of that fat and also move back into a healthy weight range.

I first approached weight loss with a IE and consistent workout mindset, but this strategy stopped working for me, so I started counting calories. CICO has really been working for me in regards to weight loss, but I think I'm losing a lot of muscle. I pretty much accepted this when I started counting calories; I knew that some of my muscle would go if I wanted to get rid of some of my fat. However, after losing 10 lbs, I'm kind of disappointed with how soft my body feels. I told myself I would just lose the weight and get down to my goal and then focus on rebuilding my muscle mass, but I'm starting to rethink this plan as I witness my body turn into mush.

Do you guys have any tips as to what I should do? I still really want to meet my weight loss goals because I have joint problems that are worsened from carrying extra weight, but I would also like to maintain my muscle mass.

Edit: Also I am doing resistance training + cardio workouts in addition to counting calories. I don't have access to weights or machines right now, so I'm restricted to bodyweight exercises.

submitted by /u/TwinTemporaryTime
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2U3W307

No comments:

Post a Comment