Tuesday, June 2, 2020

Losing weight on antipsychotics?

Hey everyone,

I currently take Abilify to help with some mental health issues and to stabilize my mood. I've noticed I've gained an insane amount of weight since starting the medication a few years ago, but the problem more lies in the fact that I can't seem to lose any of it.

Strength training, cardio, counting calories - you name it - have not helped me shed any weight. I know that this is a common side effect of antipsychotics, as they can increase appetite and slow down your metabolism. I know the answer here is to talk to my doctor and see if there are any other alternatives, because to be completely honest, the lack of weight loss is bothering me a lot.

I was just wondering if any others had any similar experiences, and what they did to overcome it. Maybe there's something that I haven't thought of yet or haven't considered up to this point. Thank you guys!

submitted by /u/armenian2envy
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3eOLSVj

No comments:

Post a Comment