Monday, June 22, 2020

After 1.5 years of dieting I find myself hungry all the time, developed a binge eating disorder lately, gaining a lot of weight quickly, I need help

I spent 1 year on keto and while I had a lot of progress it was really unsustainable in the last couple of months (also no weight loss in that time), then I tried fasting, alternate day fasting, OMAD but I just ended up overeating in my eating window every single day so instead I switched to high carb low fat (without fasting) and it was like a holy miracle, losing weight quickly while drowning in the most delicious oatmeals and rice and beans, feeling so damn good and energized.

Then I went back to keto and IF for a month to cure candida infection faster (caused by chainvaping, unfortunate) and I kinda hated it, overate a lot again, gained weight but once I defeated the ugly fungus I opened my oat jar and those little guys smiled at me so I kept destroying everything in sight and I do until this day, my hunger stayed.

I completely gave up smoking meanwhile but it would be stupid to blame it on smoking because I didn't binge in the first 2 weeks (that was really the hardest) and later I relapsed for a few days and still ate until I exploded.

8kg gained in 2 months and I still do crossfit or other heavy workout 2-4 times a week + daily yoga. Yep that's a whole lot of food, it often makes my stomach hurt and I still can't stop eating. And it's not just boredom-eating most of the time, I just ate a 600cal meal an hour ago and my brain is literally getting hunger signals and it's all fucked up. I would say it's 50-50 craving vs unexplainable hunger feeling.

I do believe after all this dieting I know a lot about food, digestion time, calorie density, etc, but no matter how well I eat I'm still left hungry. I was chewing on carrots, sunflower seeds, rice cakes, popcorn, salad, I just got hungrier, they don't help. Oh and I'm allergic to chewing gums. And I drink all the time and no it doesn't fill me up just makes me go to the bathroom every 30 mins.

Then I decided I would stop dieting, I didn't care about the macros or calories, just making sure that I eat 3 big healthy meals a day and have an apple or something between them. Of course I still felt like someone who was starving for a decade now. I still have a BMI of 26 and I'm not insulin resistant (I got myself tested a few months ago for a 2nd time just to make sure, my bloodtest literally came out perfect).

Now I went to carb cycling a few days ago after reading it helped some people, started taking some supplements that used to help back in to day to surpress hunger, nope, nope, same feeling.

I know this is a mental disorder at this point but I can't afford psychologist or therapy and I still don't understand how and why now this happened. I started reading books about binge eating but they don't help too much yet.

Anyone been there before? What did you do to get through this?

submitted by /u/fux0c13ty
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2BrS0Ey

No comments:

Post a Comment