Friday, June 12, 2020

For those of you who lost weight during lockdown, how do you plan to sustain your weight loss after lockdown ends?

When lockdown started, I was really worried that I would spend all day binging or just eating out of boredom. I have a long history of binge eating and I had overcome it a few weeks before lockdown started, and I was scared that this would mess everything up and I would go back to my old habits. But actually, it was the complete opposite - I’ve lost 15 pounds since lockdown started in the uk!!! I know that this must not be much for most of you but I had plateaued for months so I was so surprised to see that I had started to lose weight again.

Where I live in the uk, we are still on a strict lockdown so I haven’t been able to go out to eat, go drinking, I have lots of time to workout, and I live in the countryside and we have no options for food delivery. I live at home now, but once I return to uni in the autumn (hopefully!!) I’m scared I will get lazy and order delivery a few times a week like I used to.

During lockdown I’ve been able to form good eating habits and also I’ve been working out almost daily, and going on lots of walks. Before lockdown I thought I “hated” working out, but I’ve been able to find exercises I genuinely enjoy and I’m planning to start learning to run soon. I have a lot of free time to do them regularly, but I’m scared that once lockdown is lifted I will revert back to my old habits...

I’m very bad with dealing with change, I gained a lot of weight when I started university, whenever I start new part time jobs, and also when I studied abroad. It must be because I need a routine and these were all situations where my routine had to change. So I’m kind of expecting to gain weight once lockdown is over but I want to prevent this!

Is anyone else in a similar situation? And if so, how are you going to maintain/ continue losing weight after lockdown is over? Or if lockdown has already been lifted where you live, how are you coping with it?

submitted by /u/cashewmilks
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2UE33RD

No comments:

Post a Comment