Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Healthy body fat percentage for the first time in as long as I can remember!

So as of today I have lost 1 stone (6.5kg or 14lbs)! I’m about 5 weeks in to my weight loss journey and have gone from a 34% body fat percentage to 29%. Here’s what I’ve learnt:

• I really didn’t believe people when they said that exercise doesn’t matter when it comes to weight loss. Of course, exercise makes you feel better and helps you look leaner but if you have a few days off, it’s definitely not gonna kill your progress.

• What you’re eating really does matter!! Of course it all comes down to CICO, and you will lose weight if you’re eating all junk food in a deficit. I’ve been eating at only about a 200-300 calorie deficit over these past weeks, not over exercising at all (a 45 min walk 5 days a week, a couple of YouTube workout videos a week and the odd yoga session) and have easily lost over a kilo a week. I’m a volume eater, and so I’ve been making sure all of my meals are at least 50% non-starchy veg and the other 50% is high carb, high protein and low fat (and oil free!) I don’t think I would have lost as much eating at that small a deficit if I was eating junk!

• Carbs aren’t your enemy! I’ve lost my weight so far eating as much as 300g carbs a day. It’s just a myth that you’ll gain weight if you eat carbs. Carbs aren’t just processed sugar and calorically dense breads and pastas - a focus on whole-food based carbs including rice, quinoa, potatoes are amazing for you and if you’re eating at a deficit you will lose weight! Remember the doctor who invented the Atkins diet died of a heart attack - what’s the point of losing weight if you’re killing your insides at the same time?

• Finally (this might not be so popular) go vegan! Whilst I never think someone should see veganism as a diet or as a weight loss strategy (because from that perspective it’s a restrictive and unsustainable diet) but maybe try adding some plant based protein to your diet and have a vegan meal here and there. Vegan foods (in general!) have much lower caloric density, are more nutrient dense and high in fibre. Meaning you can eat a lot and feel full and energised! And to anyone who says vegan food is gross - do your research lmao

Hopefully I’ll be another stone down in the next 5 weeks and then I’ll only be 5lbs from my goal weight! Hope everyone’s safe and healthy ❤️

submitted by /u/_plantbasedliving
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Awdkbn

No comments:

Post a Comment