Saturday, June 6, 2020

How Covid Seems To Have Helped Jump Start My Health

Hey guys! I just felt like sharing this somewhere so here I go...

I'm 4'10", 28 year old female who currently weights 151 pounds. My highest was a couple years ago at about 198. I have never been able to find a plan and stick with it... I typically hover around 170. In the beginning of the year, I was really depressed and my weight stalled around 158-160. And then I got a new job, with an amazing schedule, and I decided to join the gym.

The next day, they closed due to covid and quarantine happened. I really thought it would be hopeless but... No. I was going to slowly start getting into a routine. I've never approached weight loss slowly. I've been too impatient. But this time, now that I had the time, I did.

I started doing yoga every morning and completed a 30 challenge... At some point during that month, I also stated a couch to 5k. I needed something to burn a lot of calories and running was the closest thing I could find. I could barely breathe after running for 90 seconds at first.

I also added a 60 minute walk, that would eventually be turned into gym time when it opened again.

Food wise? I stopped telling myself no... I got snacks I like, I knew what I would crave during the day, I got fruits I liked as well and vegetables I could eat happily (really just salad and carrots)... I packed a little Ziploc bag in the morning of what I was in the mood for that day, and had my fruit and snacks and lunch and breakfast with BACON! I could work with this, and I kept it at around 1380 calories.

Now? I can jog easily for 30 minutes straight and I'm getting faster every morning... Ive done yoga every single day for about 50 days. The gym reopened, and I went! I am feeling less hungry than usual, and finding I'm snacking way less in bed. I wish I could tell you how I stopped that one... I just... Did.

I gained weight this week compared to last, and it's okay because my hips and my neck went down a cm! I figure it may be water weight. And you know what? If it isn't, right now anyway, I'm okay with that. Because I am running faster and I feel better.

Thanks for letting me share this if anyone reads it. ❤️

submitted by /u/drekiaa
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2XHsF25

No comments:

Post a Comment