Saturday, June 6, 2020

My weight loss plan

I don't know if I am posting in the right place (someone let me know if not).

But:

I started making the following changes May 28th at 169lbs (BMI 29)

  • Water: 2L / day
  • Exercise: walking for 1hr (burns approx 350 calories)
  • Diet: Eat between 9am and 8pm
  • Calorie intake: target <BMR (<1655)
  • Target negative net calories/day (either through eating <1655 and/or burning calories)
  • Make a habit of preparing my own food with accurate calorie measurements
  • Create daily records with the following information:
    • weight
    • exercise (duration, calories burned, distance, time of day)
    • BMR
    • calorie intake (time of day, item/ ingredient, caloric value)
    • net calories: intake - (BMR + burned calories)

I have also trended my weight loss visually as well, this helps me stay on track when the scale shows I haven't lost weight or have gained:

https://imgur.com/a/jGjif8h

I have lost 4.8lbs after steadily gaining weight for the last couple YEARS! This is (embarrassingly and sadly) the longest I've ever stuck to a diet --- at 10 days in...

I know the first 10ish pounds are quick to lose, and soon I will hit a plateau, but I'm excited to work through that too.

I really like making plans and it makes me excited to reach milestones. So planning and tracking my weight loss in itself maintains my motivation. (I don't use MFP or any app like that at the moment for this reason because I like manually tracking everything and enjoy it)

Since my final goal weight feels so far away I have set smaller intervals for targets to reach.

Weight in Lbs (Target date)

  1. <155 (July)
  2. <145 (August)
  3. <140 (September)
  4. <135 (October)
  5. <130 (November)
  6. 125 (January)

Rationale

Goal1: I know I can keep my current momentum in order to reach this goal in the shorter time frame. And don't want to tempt myself into poor habits with an easier target.

Goal2: I have one month which I hope to lose 10lbs in. This will allow me to adjust to a slower pace of weight loss which will be more healthy and sustainable.

Goal3 & 4: For these goals I will have a normal BMI and will again adjust my strategy to target exercise goals as well. With less weight on me, I expect it will be easier to do more than long walks and be able to run/ intervals/ stairs/ swim (if pools open) etc. I hope to be able to apply the 180 formula (https://philmaffetone.com/180-formula/) to my training.

Goal5: Along with this goal I will target building muscle and strength/ toning and just becoming more fit in that regard.

~ So, (in order to make this more discussion oriented if people are interested) I am curious about

What have your experiences been with the beginning(s) of your weight loss?

At what point did you hit your first plateau?

What was your first non-scale victory you noticed?

PS. I am open to any feedback/ advice

submitted by /u/1351levi
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2A9dfdS

No comments:

Post a Comment