Tuesday, June 9, 2020

How do you deal w/ friends & family judging?

I have this friend that anytime I mention anything about weight loss or me trying to be healthier, she acts like I just declared I have an eating disorder. Even though I have done my own research and have set myself on my own meal plan and work out schedule she likes to judge every little thing that I do.

When I tried intermittent fasting for about a month she instantly started sending me literature on how I had an eating disorder even though I told her that I had done my own research and that just the mere fact that I'm losing weight does not equal an eating disorder.

Due to work from home and everything going on - intermittent fasting didn't work out for me. Now, I focus on counting calories, exercising everyday and just managing what I eat. I try to stay away from processed foods and complex carbs. Some will say that is a restrictive diet, but I'm mostly just substituting foods out for other ones and watching my portions. Instead of mashed potatoes - I have mashed cauliflower. Instead of toast in the morning - I have spinach. Instead of ice cream - I'll have some cottage cheese and fruit. I'm still figuring out my diet, but so far this is what is working for me and I'm nearly 30 lbs down.

While she doesn't know the ins and outs of my diet - she decided to kind of let me know she disapproves of me restricting myself.

The topic of soda came up and I mentioned that I don't hate la croix anymore these days, bc I was drinking unflavored carbonated water as it was. So the whisper of flavor was actually kind of nice. She asked me why I would drink unflavored carbonated water and why couldn't I just drink water. I told her that I drink water all day everyday and sometimes I missed soda. She was like "well you'll learn to love water". Which kind of pissed me off, because literally all I drink is water. So I told her this much and that I allowed myself a treat every once in awhile and she was like "yes. I do enjoy one soda a day with dinner" to which I replied "Yes. I also allow myself one carbonated water once a week".

Then I was told that restricting was bad. So first she's judging that I even drink carbonated water and then she's judging that I'm drinking too little of it.

I'm just... get off my back. How do you tell your family/friends to back off and let you be?

submitted by /u/tinitrinity
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2AaKihR

No comments:

Post a Comment