Sunday, June 14, 2020

How I gained weight and what I'm doing now

Hello everyone I made 2 post already on this sub reddit surrounding my weight loss journey and how I've been dealing with it. But I wanted to make clear how I gained weight, how I lost some of it, how I regained that, and what I'm doing now that is actually working. I'll try my best to not make this long!

Let's get started with how I gained weight. I'm only 21 years old so only a few years ago when I was in high school I weighed 150lbs. I use to think that I weighed too much and I wish I did the research to understand that I was actually in a good area for my weight. Anyways I got into an unhealthy relationship with someone and the worst that got the more I found myself relying on food when i was very upset. So throughout high school i gained 30lbs putting be at 180lbs. After that I got into college and moved out my home. Struggling to work and go to school at the same time made something inside me break and I just got really depressed up to that point. So I gained another 20lbs and found myself at 200lbs. I would eat food to make myself feel better. But even my coworkers would make fun of my weight at that job and would brag about how they are on a juice cleanse and losing so much weight. But after that and once I landed to the job I wanted I still gained weight because now I was eating out of joy. I was happy things were going my way and I was going back to school and doing so much better financially. So my last highest weight was 220lbs last summer.

Now I'm gonna go over at how I lost some weight. I was walking with a friend and hated the fact that i could barely keep up so i started coming up with a plan on how to go on CICO. Mind you i wasnt exactly working out. I just walked a lot because i had to get to work that summer and back home. Sometimes I would go on walks on my own as well. And walking is a great exercise. But although I changed my habits I wasnt eating enough. I would eat between 1300 and 1400 calories which is not enough for my weight and on my fitness pal i didnt count that into my activity level. So i would feel hungry a lot. I did end up losing 21lbs and I was proud. But then we went back to classes, holidays came, the stress of the new year, and covid made me go back to unhealthy habits. So my weight went back up to 217lbs.

I did want to give up at that point. But deep inside I knew something had to change. So now I'm working out 4 times a week and I counted it into my activity level so now I eat much more and I'm not hungry. Unless I'm doing a prolonged activity I am not hungry. I eat around 1600 to 1800 calories. It always depends how the day goes. I also drink a lot of water. Another change I made is looking at something besides my scale weight. I did get a scale that gives you a better look at everything. I also use body measuring tape and a pair of shorts that I want to fit into one day. I'm also not limiting myself from my favorites foods but I dont want to order out. So I'm still experimenting making my favorite fast foods at home. For example yesterday I wanted pizza, so I made my own mini pizza with a tortilla, tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, and chicken. Trust me it tastes amazing! Besides that I like chicken tenders and french fries and I finally found a way to make that healthier so I'll be making that next week. So that's what I'm doing. I hope this post wasnt too long and if you want to know more, DM me.😊

submitted by /u/jamie2298
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2MZ7kLo

No comments:

Post a Comment