Tuesday, June 16, 2020

I am losing my mind hovering within the same 5lbs for 2 months

Hi there,

been on and off of this community for years now. had great success in 2010 losing around 80lbs my last year of college. counted every calorie still had fun and partied on the weekends. Growing up and a few failed relationships later I had gained 60 of it back.

in 2018 I lost 50lbs. same deal. counted calories still had fun on weekends. a bout with depression and just bad decisions gained most of that back.

Since then, I've been in a relationship, a fantastic one. she moved in December of last year. for the first few months we just enjoyed being together didn't watch what we ate, etc.

I weighed myself and I was up to almost as big as I was when I started my weight loss in 2010. It was a big wake up call to me especially now being in my mid 30s. I've been counting calories (and before you say it I weigh everything) I'm currently on a 93 day logging streak in the loseit app. I average roughly 1800 calories a day. Sometimes on weekends I'll have 2500 and some days I wont be hungry and have 1200. the first few months 20lbs came off at roughly the same rate it did before. since then it hasn't moved.

My girlfriend is doing it with me and we encourage each other. It has been great. she loves cooking as well as meal planning. she puts it all in the app and sends me what we have for dinner each night.

now to why I'm absolutely losing my mind. I have been within the same 5 pounds going back to April. I've been stricter about weighing foods and being under my goal than I ever have in my life with my past success. So it is really confusing to me why I'm not seeing the scale budge, I keep waiting for the woosh, but it's normally a woosh up then right back down.

I did start boxing 2-4 times a week using the fightcamp system. I understand I'm probably gaining some muscle but I cannot imagine that it's offsetting the weightloss. ( I also do not eat my calories back due to working out)

I guess I should also point out this isn't the last few pounds to get to my goal weight. I still have a lot of weight to lose. I'm currently floating between 304-308lbs.

anyone have any suggestion or just some encouragement because all this hard work I'm putting in is just baffling to me.

submitted by /u/sncooftxt
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2YGBEjd

No comments:

Post a Comment