Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Struggling to be proud of weight loss

Kinda as the title says. I’m not exactly sure what I’m looking for: comfort, advice, etc. I don’t know, and I apologize if I ramble. Being on mobile doesn’t really help either for that.

In the last year, I’ve lost 50lbs. I know that’s an accomplishment. A lot of people tell me I should be proud, but I’m not. I feel like I’ve been losing weight too slowly. I see people around my weight lose more or if not the same amount but in half the time. For considerations, my SW was 203lbs. My CW is 152lbs. My GW is 130lbs.

With quarantine and moving back home, I’ve stagnated, and I know why. It’s because of the food at home. I’ve tried to restrict the bad stuff, but my family are total foodies, hard believers of not wasting food, and unsurprisingly, all overweight too. I grew up in a culture that makes it difficult to separate from family and family dinners are no exception. I still exercise, but I know that the majority is CICO.

I don’t know. It hurts. I’m just waiting out for when I can go back to my dorms (for school) so that I can have complete control over my diet again, but the fact that I’ve stagnated again is really putting me down. I’m sorry. I think I just need some more encouragement for people who been through this.

submitted by /u/squishyleafs
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2N5WT8A

No comments:

Post a Comment