Wednesday, June 3, 2020

I need some advice and help TW- ED

F[21] 5"10, 72 kg, 

TW- Eating Disorder

I really want to lose weight the right way and sustain the weight loss for a long period of time. I'm going to give a little backstory if that's alright, I'm sorry about the length of this post. I have always been a chubby kid and acutely aware and conscious about my body and weight. I was a relatively okay weight until my last year of high school where I ballooned. In my first year of college I was 89 kgs (approximately) and had issues with my menstrual cycle as well. I committed to losing weight by exercising daily and watching what I ate. This almost became a fixation at a point, and brought back a lot of issues with myself I had previously experienced (I've purged on an off since I was 14). I also developed a stomach condition that made it difficult to eat as much as I used to and increased my intolerance of dairy. I stopped eating dairy and fried food (as much as I used to) and dropped a lot of weight that summer, where I became 76kgs (which is still overweight, but was progress). Last year I went on a semester exchange program and was essentially living alone and was in charge of my own food. I barely ate and walked nearly 6km a day, everyday. I dropped a lot of weight, felt great and was around 65kgs. I gained and lost over the last year once I returned and am now 72kgs, but am really unhappy with my body and the way it looks. I want to reach my goal weight of 65kgs but don't want to starve myself. My primary problem is that I've started my first job that requires a lot of time and am too tired to exercise everyday, even though I should. I exercise 2-3 times a week and mainly do stepper workouts and abs exercises as well as squats. My weight and appearance is really impacting me negatively but I'm currently living at home and my family becomes very concerned if I aim to reduce the amount I eat (which isn't a very different than I usually do, but I do snack a bit now around tea time) due to my past with an ED and always want me to eat more. They say I don't need to lose weight but don't understand how great I felt when I looked pretty decent in a bikini. I'm terrified of becoming overweight again which is not rational, but I just want to feel confident about myself. If any of you have any tips about staying motivated with diet and exercise do let me know. Again, I'm so sorry about the length of this.

submitted by /u/sunsetbarrage
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/374Gf2A

No comments:

Post a Comment