Wednesday, June 3, 2020

NSV: my birth control works the way it's supposed to (NSFW to be safe)

5'4", SW: 218 CW:193 GW: 144

A year and a half ago, I had had enough. I could be longer pretend that I was healthy, that I looked fine, that there wasn't a problem. I had spent enough time in therapy to be able to go about weight loss in a healthy way, physically and mentally. For me that means focusing on living a sustainably healthier lifestyle. The goal wasn't to lose weight, the goal was to build habits that I could sustain at a healthy weight and then focus on losing. CICO and walking/belly dancing are my friends.

Now, I have always had terrible periods. Really, really bad. Painful enough to keep me in bed for a day or two, beasts world swell a full cup size, I would bleed through products in an hour, etc. When I decided it was time to start losing weight, I also went on birth control and got an IUD (Morena). It helped... Kind of.

Periods got lighter, but they lasted for weeks. I wasn't in as much pain, but the pain was spread out over longer. I wasn't getting what I had really hoped for, to skip periods all together, but it was better than it had been before, so I didn't really think to complain about it. This went on for over a year, well past the time that it supposedly takes a body to adjust. I figured that that was just how my body reacted to the thing and shrugged it off as at least better than it used to be.

Well, I'm just about 25 lbs down now, and I realized today that I haven't had a period in two months. I'm not pregnant, I'm not anything bad. But losing the weight means that everything else in my body is starting to work the way it's supposed to again in ways that I hadn't even been aware of.

Keep losing, friends. It feels amazing.

submitted by /u/AspiringPervertPoet
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/36ZMd4t

No comments:

Post a Comment