Friday, June 19, 2020

I want to build a healthy relationship with food. How does that look like for you?

I recently hit my weight loss goal, and now that I am starting into maintenance, my next overall goal is to focus on building a healthy relationship with food, and to improve my eating habits more towards eating healthy, whole foods that are good for me. I lost the weight purely on CICO, and while I'm definitely eating way healthier than before, I know there is some room for improvement.

Over the course of the journey of losing weight I have started to finally love my body, something I could never do before (many of you can surely relate here). I want to treat my body right and I want to fuel it adequately for my workouts and every day life.

I lost the weight on 1200 cal and daily exercise that I usually did not take into consideration, and right now I am trying to eat 1300 cal daily (+- 100). I sometimes struggle with that because my mind has kind of a hard time to get out of the mentality that the bigger the deficit, the better - it has yet to understand that actually, I don't really need a deficit at all anymore.

I'm also constatnly thinking about food, when to eat my next meal, what my next meal will be, how I can plan my food intake around my daily activities, etc. I love food, and cooking and all that comes with it, so I don't mind thinking about it, and planning my meals and all, but right now it's a little bit too obsessive for my taste and I'm looking to tone it down a notch.

Now, I've selected on of my (many) empty notebooks, and that will now be my journal related to all things food. I plan on journaling what I eat, how it makes me feel, where I can see room for improvement, what went good, etc. I also wanna put some basic information in there about nutrition as well as a selection of easy and healthy recipes. Basically a place where I can dump all my thoughts regarding the topic and where I hopefully can document the journey to a healthier me.

I also want to write down some action steps for me to take, I want to outline some healthy habits, and how a healthy relationship with food actually looks like. And this is why I am making this post. I read a lot of inspiring stories on this subreddit of people who have achieved exactly what I want, and I want to learn from you.

What does a healthy relationship with food look like for you? What are things you changed that bettered your outlook on food, and how did you achieve that? What are some things that other people may raise their eyebrow at but that work amazing for you?

submitted by /u/lisa471
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3ekA3Gy

No comments:

Post a Comment