Monday, June 22, 2020

Looking for Advice/28 F 200 lb

Hey guys! Posting here to get some outside advice- I’ve struggled with my weight since I was 17 and went on Depo- gained nearly 60 pounds in less than a year (I had an athletic frame until this point) and I’ve yo-yo’d ever since.

I had one successful weight loss bout- looking back on my records in MyFitnessPal, i was walking 3-4 hours, 5xs a week and eating sheer garbage with unregulated occasional fasting. I lost 60+ pounds in around 9 months- this was about 7 years ago.

Regained this weight and more, and I have been beating my head against the wall to make consistent progress- the only time since that I’ve seen weight loss of 1.5-2 lbs/week, I’ve been working out 2xs/day and eating less than 900 calories/day- this is so difficult to maintain that I’ve stalled out several times, but any other method, applied for 3+ months has shown NO results.

All medical advice tells us that our metabolism will slow if we consume less than our recommended calories each day, but this is not my experience. If I eat 1200 cal/day, I maintain my weight, with little to no weight loss. Eating 900 cal/day gives me slow but consistent weight loss- no huge initial weight loss, no plateaus (at least for as long as I can maintain this regimen). If I eat breakfast daily as suggested, I’ve got a roaring appetite all day, and consistently eat more than I should.

I’m currently trying IF with 1200 cal/500 cal alternating each day, on the 168: schedule with a light workout in the am and a sustained cardio workout of 30 mins high intensity or 60 mins medium intensity (elliptical or treadmill) 5xs a week- this is only my 3rd week of following this schedule so I’m trying to stay motivated and not fixated on the scale, but any advice you’ve got would be much appreciated. I do not have the free time to dedicate to walking 3-4 hours each day as I did before, but I’m so frustrated that I’m not sure what to try, next.

Let me stress again- I have experienced zero success with eating the recommended 1200 cal/day, so please take that into account!

My dietary habits aren’t excellent, but aren’t horrendous, either- I try to consume my daily recommended fruits/veggies first, and then I’ll eat whatever to hit my calorie goal- fast food/delivery once a week only, on my “off” days on the weekend.

Thanks in advance!

submitted by /u/sisrael81
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2YZYwKM

No comments:

Post a Comment