Friday, June 19, 2020

My weight loss journey: Lost 25.8lbs/11.7kg, first time ever under 200lbs/90kg, progress pics included.

Hey all!

So like I have been saying in the daily accountability threads for a while now, I am now actually posting my own journey. I will start with the progress pics and then explain my story afterwards.

I started at 101.8kg / 224.4lbs, however the first-ever picture I took was at 98kg / 216lbs.

Progress Pics:

Left = Weight was 98kg/216lbs.
Right = Weight of 90.1kg/198.6lbs

Story:

I have been fat as long as I can remember, and I had tried to lose the weight previously, but I was uneducated in losing weight and had no clue what I was doing. Zoom in on July 2019 when I moved to the UK to work for a Games Company on a particular title that recently got announced, this was as part of my university education and I was a production intern. I was having the time of my life, living on my own for the first time and doing the job I had always dreamed of. However, the flip side was that I had just come out of a rough relationship in which mental abuse was a frequent occurrence and I had just managed to pass my third year due to being treated unfairly.

So all in all, I was mentally unstable whenever I was not at work, but slowly that mentally unstable mindset started sneaking in extra food and drinks, I started getting panic attacks and I lost all sense of self, just mindlessly eating my sadness away. Fast-forward to November 2019 where it all came together and I broke. I had a big heart-to-heart with my family and my supervisors at work and finally started talking about what I had been trying to work through in the past few months. (Note to self: Never try and work through a breakup on your own)

So, I got the suggestion from my university supervisor that I should find some physical activity to do so that I can let my brain work through the breakup in an organic and calm way. He suggested the gym.

Just for the sake of it, I had gone to a gym twice before in my life but was scared off by the thought of being this fat Oompa Loompa walking around the gym where everyone else is lean and muscled, oh how wrong I was.

I decided to go once, by myself and by the time I finished 1 hour later, I was in love with the gym. Followingly I met a personal trainer who was a former first-place winner of the women's UKUP/WUP Pro competition.

I started training with her and hired her to become my personal trainer in order to lose weight. She taught me all the basics to weight loss, using the gym most effectively and teaching me how to look at food so that you continue to have a good relationship with all kinds of foods.

Additionally, she ran a competition in early January 2020 amongst all of her clients, and I decided to participate.

Fast forward 12 weeks towards the end of the competition and I had lost an amazing 9kg/19.8lbs and I actually managed to win the competition, which boosted my confidence even more.

So fast forward another 2 months, I moved back home to the Netherlands, continued using CICO to lose weight and now I am at the lowest I have weighed in nearly 6 years.

Thank you for reading my story, this was exciting to write, but also therapeutic. It is scary to post the progress pictures, but here we are.

I will continue my weight loss journey, because I know that I can do this, especially with the added support of this amazing subreddit. You are all incredible people!

Thanks everyone,

- Christopher

submitted by /u/BigBandoro
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3daCAkZ

No comments:

Post a Comment