Saturday, June 13, 2020

(NSV) for human and dog

I have two dogs: a male German Shepherd who is slightly "overweight" by vet standards (I can feel his ribs if I put a little pressure when I pet him) and a female Siberian Husky who is definitely overweight. We had her spayed when she was four years old and she ballooned up after that. I've been overweight for awhile now too.

With my mental health now under control and being laid off during COVID, I decided to finally commit to weight loss for myself and my dogs. We have gone for walks for 21 straight days (thankfully for cooperative weather!) Yesterday we took our longest walk yet. Almost 2 miles! What made me most proud was watching my Husky girl tackle the walk. When we first started out she would really struggle towards the end of a short walk around the block. Yesterday she happily kept pace and this morning when she went outside to go potty she did mini-zoomies and rolled around in the grass before bouncing her way back inside.

Being laid off has really helped me establish a routine I stick with, which was my goal before returning to work (still waiting to go back.) Me and the dogs walking every day and I do alternating days of arm and leg strengthening with light weights. I keep track of the foods I'm eating with My Fitness Pal. I was always tired in the past, even with taking two stimulant ADHD medications, vitamin D and iron supplements, and a consistent sleep schedule. Now, I feel amazing. I love the time I get to spend with my dogs on walks. I love that I don't dread exercising anymore, and I don't have to go through the 7 stages of grief while thinking about the need to exercise. I love being able to recognize when I'm satisfied vs. when I am full. I love knowing that what I thought was so much effort really isn't that bad at all.

submitted by /u/red_sky_at_morning
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2C3Zyh0

No comments:

Post a Comment