Thursday, June 4, 2020

[NSV] I wear the pants of this family now

(Long-time lurker/ First post) So I have the same story as many of you: struggled with weight my whole life, had my break which lead to an epiphany, started my journey (hopefully) for the last time after many failed attempts, and now I’m here. I have successfully lost 37 lbs and am getting closer and closer to my goal each week, but that’s not the story you came for.

My mom had gastric bypass surgery and lost 150 pounds, then gained back 50 pounds over the few years after. And yet, she still weighed less than me for most of my teenage life. I could never share clothes with her because she was a couple sizes smaller than me and my body type is different than hers. At my heaviest, we were 5 pant sizes away, so I wasn’t even thinking about trying on her jeans or I feared ripping them.

However after a 37 lb weight loss, I fit into my mom’s size 16 jeans and they were BAGGY. They were baggy on me and I couldn’t freaking believe it. I have not stopped thinking about and am so happy that my hard work is paying off!!

Thank you so much to the community in this sub, just sharing your story helps inspire people every single day

submitted by /u/ze-righty
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2MvN43O

No comments:

Post a Comment