Monday, June 8, 2020

OK, newcomer here. I’ve never really shared stories here, but I’m at my wits end so I thought maybe I could possibly get some help/advice/tactics/ect here.

I’ll try to make a long story short as much as possible, but right now I’m 46, approaching 47 - and I’ve been fat for 95% of my life. the only two times ever where I got reasonably was when I was 25 (doing atkins) and another time when I was about 30 (did low carb/cut out 1 meal/ect). But both came back

I know why, and that’s because I have incredibly low self-esteem for almost all my life. Food is my go-to for comfort all my life, so anytime I stress or celebrate - I go there. Video Games is a close second… but at least with games I can constructively build things (I’m not a Call of Duty type gamer. :P). It’s hard for me to put games away as most of my career was built in the gaming industry working in the press (back when magazines were a thing! ;P)

I’ve taken some time off work to both lose weight AND start a new career path, and everything is not working right at all.

Job’s been rough (Starting to learn to do VoiceOver) and my weight has bounced between 325-280… and now I’ve been stuck for the past couple months at 320, and I can’t even seem to get past 10 pounds lost without having something kick me back in.

Seriously, the only thing I got right now is food and Video Games to make me happy. What few friends I have have other lives. My parents, while loving, are rather useless in this form. I don’t mean that condescendingly - they just, well, don’t know how to deal with things. They just say “go on a diet” and that’s it kinda basic stuff. =/

I know I have big stressors in my life ATM. Job, lack of a relationship, current state of American politics, I keep falling asleep if I sit down for more than 5 minutes, sleep apnea, etc - but I really can’t remove any of those either atm without the weight loss. It’s a VERY annoying snowball! >_<

So… I’m at a total loss ATM.

One potential benefit (and curse) is that I LOOOVE to cook! So going out to resturaunts and such isn’t as big of a deal as one would suspect. Though I do find myself always grabbing something extra when grocery shopping. >_<

Another good thing I’ve successfully done is kept soda away and drink water only. Alcohol is next to nonexistent… possibly a half-glass of mead at night sometimes (odd, since I love homebrewing the stuff! Right? :P). It’s only on rare occasion I drink soda, and only do diet ones (though I’m not sure how healthy that is…)

Diets I’ve tried:

• low-carb/paleo (While I love it, I recently had my gall bladder removed and I can no longer seem to lose weight on it anymore)

• Calorie counting/weighing - I have so many things calculated out for calories and weighing, and can go for a good week or two - but then something happens and I freak out and just break it again and again…

• 15 day juice fast. Felt great for the first few days - but by the end it literally woke some weird hunting instinct in me and I desperately desired to go hunt something, which was normally abhorrent for me. :P

• One meal a day - I love this as I love to cook, and can make a great feast while keeping it low-calorie… problem is I can never seem to stick to it after a couple weeks - particularly at night. Tried alternating the times to help with that, doesn’t seem to work. >_<

Anyways, I’m sure you guys get LOTS of stories for help - and so I apologize for dumping on the pile here. But thanks much for any help you can give! ^_^

submitted by /u/mvallas1073
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Ahm2KH

No comments:

Post a Comment