Monday, June 1, 2020

One year comparison - 50 lbs down

https://imgur.com/a/qY67wgT

Last June I took the picture on the left at 265 pounds. Today I decided to recreate the same picture at 215 pounds. I started my weight loss journey last January at 283 lbs, so I've lost a total of 68 lbs so far.

I work out, but the main thing I've done is just diligently count calories. At this point it's just normal for me to quick log everything I eat in my journal. My target every day is 2000 calories (I'm 6'2", 29M). Sometimes I'm a little over, sometimes a little under, but that has proven to be a good number to keep me losing weight at a steady pace.

So far I've been operating on the theory that WHAT I eat doesn't matter nearly as much as HOW MUCH I eat, so I've been tracking calories and not worrying about nutritional value. Now that I'm approaching my goal weight (200 lbs), I'm actually going to start tracking macros a bit to optimize my diet. This month I'm going to experiment with adding more protein (I actually did some math on my diet in the last month and realized I am barely getting any protein at all, compared to recommended amounts).

Anyway just wanted to share this milestone. I'm proud of how far I've come and I'm ready to hit my goal weight.

submitted by /u/PinnacleOfJimbo
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3cojx6u

No comments:

Post a Comment