Thursday, June 18, 2020

Please give me some hope...

I started my weight loss in the beginning of May. F, 34, 155cm, SW - 94kg (207 lb), CW - 90kg (198lb), GW - 60kg (132 lb). I’m doing the slow and steady method because I have been trying to lose weight since I was 13 and was never successful. Couple of times in my life I went to 72kg (158 lb) and gained it all back.

So this time I decided to go slow and steady and not obsess over my weight or eating habits. I ate 1600 calories a day (my TDEE is 1850) walked to and fro work, worked out 5-6 days a week for at least 30 mins. I also started making tasty food so I won’t feel deprived. My energy expenditure per day was around 300-400 calories and I was ok to lose 1kg (2lb) a month. I kept tracking all my food, my moods, my impulsive eating behavior and exercise. Tracking calories triggers my disordered eating very badly. So I prepared my own recipes in the beginning (with controlled calories) and am religiously following them (I stopped counting the calories after a while). lost 4kgs in a month. I thought I had hit the jackpot and finally found a way to lose weight without depriving or starving myself and eating non bland food.

But now for the past 10 days I have hit a plateau and I’m extremely depressed. I keep telling myself everyday morning that this will pass but I keep getting depressed. I don’t know what to do and I’m scared this depression would trigger a relapse in my healthy habits. I’m scared that I’m not eating at a deficit but I’m also scared to count calories again because it would definitely trigger my disordered eating habits and ruin all the routine I have created (including the exercise related routines). My disordered eating and the consequent weight gain was due to food being withheld by my controlling parents in childhood (since I was 10). And when I struggle so much with weight loss because of what my parents did I feel so angry and depressed. It was not my fault that I became like this, but I am the only person who has to suffer through all the consequences. I feel so angry. Please give me some hope with your personal stories about plateaus. I would be eternally greatful.

submitted by /u/lifeismeaningless23
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2N91FlR

No comments:

Post a Comment